Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cup of pumpkin seeds (from about 2 medium pumpkin) rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread seeds on rimmed baking sheet.
3. Bake seeds until dry throughout, about 55 minutes.
4. Take seeds out of the oven.
5. Increase Over temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. In a large bowl toss seeds, butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
7. Spread mixture over baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
* Note these savory sweet seeds make a great addition to granola, cereal, pumpkin frenchtoast, and many more favorite dishes.
Pumpkin French Toast
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
1. Preheat grill to medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk eggs, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg until frothy.
3. Dip bread slices in mixture, coating both sides.
4. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side (until each is crisp and brown).
5. Serve with walnut immediately.
* Note to make it extra special serve with candied walnuts and fresh whipped cream.
Every so often, in order to keep up with the times and the ever changing market and to keep the Inn and the Guest Rooms fresh, we begin the process of remodeling. We recently finished doing so with the WindanSea Guest Room. Pictures and video will be taken later this week and be available for viewing the middle of August or before. We are also in the process of re-doing the Kate Sessions Guest Room. Photos and new video will also be forthcoming. Check back with us from time to time to see what else is “New” at the Inn. Look forward to you experiencing our new look up close and personal as our guest.
Our chefs believe in using only the very best and freshest produce from local growers and farmer’s markets so that your breakfast is not just good but exceptional. We hope to plan a few weeks this fall and winter where guest chefs will visit us for a week at a time. Not only will they serve up their signature dishes for breakfast but they will also share their recipes with us. Yummy! We will keep you posted. P.S. The sun is back after a week of rain, hail and believe it or not snow in San Diego! The surrounding mountains dusted in snow just made America’s most beautiful city even more remarkable and breathtaking. But you will have to hurry because it is melting fast.
Today was an absolutely georgeous day in sunny La Jolla. T he local seals were not the only ones basking in the sunshine. Many of the local residents and tourists fortunate enough to be visiting this weekend were spending most of their time outdoors. Hang gliding off the sheer cliffs at Torrey Pines, walking the beach, exploring the tide pools, sunbathing and surfing, playing golf and tennis, or just chilling out. This is even better than summer with extremely warm temperatures and sun filled days minus the crowds. We are so lucky to live in this jewel by the sea.
The Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla is an historical La Jolla Bed and Breakfast designed as a private residence in 1913 by master architect Irving Gill. Today, this romantic Southern Coast Bed and Breakfast Inn, located in La Jolla, San Diego, California, is a landmark bed and breakfast and ranks among the finest in historical La Jolla Hotels as well as historical San Diego Hotels. As members of the San Diego Bed and Breakfast Guild, San Diego ConVis, and San Diego ConVis North County, we pride ourselves in providing the personalized service visitors to this beautiful costal city expect and deserve. Our La Jolla Bed and Breakfast, with 13 individually designed guest rooms and two elegant suites, is an excellent representation of all that this beautiful seaside village has to offer both the leisure and business traveler alike. This intimate, luxury San Diego Hotel has as ideal a location as any La Jolla Hotel or San Diego Hotel has to offer. Not only are we are located 1 block from the ocean in the heart of La Jolla Village by the Sea with horizon ocean views from some of the deluxe rooms, but we are also centrally located in San Diego county being equally convenient to both North County San Diego and Downtown San Diego. The Inn, just steps from the Museum of Contemporary Art and La Jolla’s wonderful public tennis courts, is also a comfortable strolling distance to all the fine restaurants, art galleries and shops in the Village of La Jolla. We are only minutes by car from San Diego County’s other main attractions such as: Old Town, Downtown, Sea World, Del Mar Race Track, Balboa Park, Coronado Island, San Diego Zoo, Tijuana Mexico, Stephen Birch Aquarium, Torrey Pines Golf Course, Wild Animal Park and Temecula Wine Country. In addition, UCSD, Scripps Hospital and Salk Institute are conveniently close. For visiting family, friends, or out of town business associates, we are the perfect “Extra Guest Room.” The Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla is also well situated for “one stop shopping” when it comes to weddings. Intimately tucked in between the La Jolla Presbyterian Church and the La Jolla Woman’s Club we provide convenient accommodations for both the wedding party and the honeymoon couple. There are other fine San Diego Bed and Breakfasts and even other La Jolla Bed and Breakfasts but only The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla is located in the center of the “Crown” of Southern California – La Jolla – the “Jewel” by the sea. Select “The Bed and Breakfast Inn at La Jolla ” the next time you are considering a La Jolla Hotel or one of the San Diego Hotels.