“Kudos: The Bed & Breakfast Inn of La Jolla
The Light salutes The Bed & Breakfast Inn of La Jolla at 7753 Draper Ave. for adding to the blooms around the Village.” Click Here to read on
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cup of pumpkin seeds (from about 2 medium pumpkin) rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread seeds on rimmed baking sheet.
3. Bake seeds until dry throughout, about 55 minutes.
4. Take seeds out of the oven.
5. Increase Over temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. In a large bowl toss seeds, butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
7. Spread mixture over baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
* Note these savory sweet seeds make a great addition to granola, cereal, pumpkin frenchtoast, and many more favorite dishes.
Pumpkin French Toast
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
1. Preheat grill to medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk eggs, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg until frothy.
3. Dip bread slices in mixture, coating both sides.
4. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side (until each is crisp and brown).
5. Serve with walnut immediately.
* Note to make it extra special serve with candied walnuts and fresh whipped cream.