Cinnamon Nut Pancakes
If you can’t make a stay with us for Mother’s Day, try this recipe for her to start her day off right and show her how much you care.
2 cups of flour
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup glazed walnuts or pecans (have extra to garnish)
1/2 cup butter (this will be used to make nut butter for serving)
Maple syrup and banana slices for serving
1. In a medium size bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
2. In a large bowl mix together the buttermilk, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
3. Gradually add the dry mixed ingredients from step 1 and stir until moistened.
4. Stir in 3/4 cups of walnuts or pecans.
5. Coat large skillet with cooking spray and brush on vegetable oil; heat until hot enough for water to sizzle. Then spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and cook about 2 min. per side. Look for bubbles to form as a hint to flip. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Finely chop remaining nuts; stir into 1/2 cup of butter to create a nut butter for serving. Serve pancakes to mom with nut butter, syrup and bananas if desired. Enjoy!